DOC SAID “GET A LAWYER”
Not every single time that malpractice is committed will a nurse or doctor whisper to you to seek out a lawyer.
But just about every time a nurse or--especially--a doctor, tells you to seek counsel, there has been at least some malpractice.
DOC SAID “GET A LAWYER”
Generally, Doctors remain silent about the actions of other doctors. There may be many reasons:
- Doctors tend to be loyal to the profession. Medicine is a practice and art, as well as science. Medical providers do not get to pick their patients, and often the patient is uninformed or inaccurate about their own situation. Sometimes patients just have bad outcomes, despite great care. After all, doctors do not usually choose to commit malpractice, just like drivers do not often choose to rear-end cars ahead of them. While both are negligence, the efforts that our medical providers put forward every day to heroically heal and help others can overshadow the eventual mistake.
- Doctors often trained together. The medical community is relatively small. Many times, doctors know each other from school or fellowships.
- Doctors rely on referrals from other doctors. Like any business, reputation and goodwill take a long time to build up and only a moment to lose.
- Doctors often socialize, play golf or attend conferences with other doctors. Drug companies put on lavish trips and gatherings for continuing medical training and trips, and doctors will spend time with other physicians.
- Doctors have to report settlements over $75,000 to a database. This requirement serves to undermine settlements and the reporting of malpractice.
- Doctors in Tennessee almost all have the same mutual insurance company. And that means that every physician in Tennessee can feel like he is raising his own rates.
- There but for the grace of God go I.
Not every act of malpractice is actionable.
But just about every one that I have been involved in started with an honest doctor or nurse telling the family, “You ought to talk to an attorney.”
Those doctors personify the finest traits among us: Putting their patients first!
Mr. Peel seeks justice for those injured in truck, motorcycle, and car crashes. He often addresses churches, clubs and groups without charge. Mr. Peel may be reached through PeelLawFirm.com wherein other articles may be accessed.
Mr. Peel and his staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The environment was inviting and not intimidating in the least. They make you feel like they truly care about you and your case. Mr. Peel answered any questions I had without making me feel like a burden or a dummy. I would definitely recommend him for your personal injury law needs.